background

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Friends at the Quilt Show

Our quilt show is now a memory. I'm tired but still smiling.  I've seen so many friends from various places in Florida and Alabama. But seeing Angie from New Orleans was such a treat.  Angie's blog is Quilting on the Crescent and before she moved to NO, she lived in Pensacola and was a member of our Guild.
Reconnecting with old friends is one of the most fun parts of a quilt show.

Getting to see one of your "babies" wearing special ribbons is certainly another.
Now it's back to reality..... after a good night's sleep.
Karen






11 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm so very happy for you and your huge win. That's just thrilling! And meeting up with friends is apparently pretty fun too. Friendships are the best part of living in one place for a long time. Rest up now, but enjoy riding that bubble for s long time.

audrey said...

Really exciting about your ribbons! And such a fantastic quilt--so deserving.:)

tealeafquilts said...

Missed the show this year! Congrats!

Angie said...

I'm so glad I got to see both of your quilts in person! I hope Pickles wins Viewer's Choice, too!

Karen said...

Another win for you. Congratulations! And the ribbons are so very nice. You must have quite a collection of them.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It's so fun to re-connect with old friends--especially at a quilt show!! Lovely photo with your wonderful quilt--congrats!

MamaT said...

Congratulations on your wins! I'm so happy for you! That Pickle Dish is so "yummy"!!!! I just love it!
I get to go to Paducah this week! Aren't quilt shows just so exciting?!

Marlene said...

Congratulations on your wins. So exciting that I am sure you will ride Cloud Nine for awhile.

Janan Doster said...

Congratulations!!!
It was such a joy to visit with you. Enjoyed seeing those blue ribbons on those beautiful quilts of yours. Enjoy your JOY!

pandchintz said...

Congratulations!

Janan Doster said...

I am sew happy that your quilts won in the Show. You have a fantastic way with color, and your skills are perfect. It was so great to see you!!!