After worrying about whether these reds would run, I decided to wash and iron them all - not fun, but now it's done. Several of them ran quite a bit so I'm glad it did it. I have decided to use my reds, pinks and grey for my version of Easy Street.
When I looked at these pictures, I realized that several of the fabrics were reading really purple. They have been pulled and are in a pile for another project.
A sweet friend of mine offered me some of her white/black fabric stash after reading my post where I had run out of enough variety. I also made a trip to Mary Jo's (happy dance) while I was at my daughter's house in Charlotte over New Years. Even though the prices have gone up, it's still a wonderful place to shop. I'm very pleased with my collection of white and black prints now.
I'm hoping that my selection of colors will work well for Easy Street. Since I cheated and waited until the final picture came out, I had a better idea where I wanted the colors to go. The units so far have gone together very well.
My first 2 days of work have gone fabulously!!! Monday night I fell asleep in the chair trying to work on a binding LOL! I guess my little brain was completely exhausted. I think it's going to be a really good fit for me. I'm off to sew :).