Now, on to my newest granddaughter's baby quilt. I've finished the applique blocks, and was trying to decide on a setting. Originally, I had 5 blocks across. That made the inside a little too big, and didn't give me a lot of border options.
I briefly thought about setting them on point and adding a sashing. While I liked this it also made the center part too big. I played with several different inner border options and settled on this. I chose the pink and the blue scraps left over from the bumper pads. They are part of the Kumari Garden line. I cut them to finish at 1". I originally had planned to do a checkerboard border, but it was just a little much for me. This was just enough to pull some color toward the outer border.