I really liked the center square but wasn't crazy about the second light band so close. It looked a little boring to me - and it appeared it was going to end up square. While I have made some square quilts, I'm not as drawn to them as I am to a rectangular quilt - especially in larger sizes. So I had to figure out a solution to keep the center square but make the quilt rectangular.
Here's a close up of the center. The colors are mainly green, brown and rust. The lights are everything from almost white, to pale green, very light yellow and cream. I used mostly prints but also some batiks.
Even though the two quilts were different colors, they all went together especially in this block format. One thing I did was set the block on point. This meant doing setting triangles but it worked out okay. I already had this batik in my stash and it looked wonderful with the quilt.
I will show you the final set I decided on and the start of the hand quilting soon!! I have been so excited to get this quilt pieced and start quilting it.
Until next time,