background

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Last Mystery Clue

Well, it's time to share the final clues in my "mystery quilt". Here's a description of all the segments below:
1- the triangle and the hourglass block using 4 varied triangles
2- the big 60 degree triangle and the small triangle
3- a 2 1/12" strip and the unit with 2 small triangles on each end
4- the big triangle cut in half
5- 1 1/2" strips sewn in pairs of 2, cut 4 1/2" and 2 1/2"
6- corner unit using the small triangle and the 2 short log units
7- the big triangle cut again in half - should have 4 logs
At this point you would have lots of varied triangles all cut into 4 logs. You would choose four and turn them all upside down. This is when the magic happens!!
Here's a close up of the 4 varied logs sewn together and attached to the corner unit.
At this point, it's put together just like a 9 patch block. The hourglass block goes in the middle, and the other units are attached. So here's the finished block!! It will finish at 13 1/2". I'm sure some of you may have guessed which pattern it is and which book it's from, but the big reveal will be tomorrow. If you still have not seen this book, I think you will be amazed!
Hope you're intrigued, it's been fun!
Until next time,
-Karen

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

wow what a block I NEVER would have guessed this!
love your fabric choices, of course :)
Kathie

regan said...

This block is beautiful! And I don't have many new books, so it's still a mystery to me! Yay!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful. It reminds me of an American Indian design.

Karen said...

I never would have guessed right on this. I like the fabric colors and the look of the design.