background

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Little of This and That

The weeks are flying by and I've been working on things I can't fully share yet, but I will soon.  This is one that I can show, it the pattern from Kim Brackett's new book, Scrap Basket Strips and Squares.  This has been so much fun to make, but now it's time to sew all these hexies together, one seam at a time.  I played with the blocks on my design wall until I was happy with the layout. I can tell you that sewing all the little seams together hasn't been my favorite part,  but I think I'm a third of the way there.
I've also been working on a new tumbler quilt, imagine that!!  This will make six tumblers! This is the only peek I can show, it will be gifted soon.  The colors requested were gray, neutral with a pop of pink.  It's kind of modern for me, but it's turning out so cute,

I've also finished the very wild and lively strip quilt using the pattern Lime Twist by Diane Knott.  It's for my DD and she wanted gray, Aqua, pink and red.  I'm almost done with this one too and then it will be gifted.

I took a break this afternoon from sewing rows and pulled fabric for a little quilt.  
It's from Kim's first book....

I guarantee that it will look totally when the blocks are done.  It's one of my favorite patterns.
Happy stitching,
Karen 





4 comments:

---"Love" said...

The first quilt shown is going to be really great, but I LOVE that red/aqua strippy one! ---Love"

Ruth said...

My, my! You have been so busy creating! I look forward to seeing your finished projects.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! You've been busy. Several beautiful quilts here. It'll be fun to see the latest tumblers. That's been a great way to experiment with various color schemes.

Janan Doster said...

I just love your new quilt from Kim's book! It is gonna be great!