I shared this picture last week in a blog post. It's my new Pickle Dish project using green, purple and black & white. I'm trying to use all stash fabric but I may need to supplement a few new pieces (darn LOL).
For those of you who follow me on IG - you may have seen this picture last week - the start of my new quilt. I have made some serious progress since then. All the paper piecing is done.
This is going to be a small project, it's actually a class sample for a class I'm teaching next February based on my quilt "Organic Pink Pickles".
This quilt only has 16 blocks, so there are only 32 arcs. It seems easy after working on Pink Pickles last year which was so much bigger.
I designed this project in EQ7 and I've already changed the colors slightly. I started in the center and am working my way out to check the colors and balance. I like the warm purple center and the green outer corners. The B&W dotty Kauffman fabric is a little bit of a stretch for me but I'm pretty sure it's going to work. I'm trying to stretch those "modern" muscles with a traditional pattern.
I don't have a huge collection of cool purple fabric, so I'm auditioning the pieces I have. I think they will work.
It's fun to make small projects where every decision doesn't require two days of studying the design wall, leaving the room, coming back, checking again, etc., etc. LOL. I know you all know what I'm talking about :).
Having fun this afternoon - hope you're stitching something fun too.