background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Making Progress

I'm happy to report that I am finished cutting and piecing red/neutral HST's all 400 of them!!! Now I'm just sewing them together in sets of 5 which goes very fast. I wanted to show one of the scraps in the string blocks (bottom left corner section). Do you recognize one of the Moda fabrics used in the Moda Challenge in 2004 (I think)? Kim and I both made a quilt for the challenge and seeing this brings back those memories and makes me smile. This piece even says Brannock and Patek, as you know, one of my personal favorites!

I am nearly half way done with the center and I must say Bonnie's directions are wonderful. Considering there are so many seams, so far everything seems to be lining up. We'll see when I actually start piecing the center. Then there's the border..... oi vey!! But I am determined to keep going for now.

Until next time,

-Karen

11 comments:

Pokey said...

Lookin' good...
:-}pokey

Carla said...

I'm loving it! Bonnie's mysteries are not for the faint of heart! Keep going, and going, and going....

Wendy said...

Your mystery quilt is fantastic. Maybe this will get me moving and I can finish mine.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful. 400 HST??? Perhaps you ate one M and M for each one? I'd need at least that many to keep me going.

libbyquilter said...

love the fresh look of your blog~!

the neutral monotone string pieced bits are wonderful as is all the other bits. looks like a labor of love for sure~!

:-)
libbyQ

ritad said...

Yes, this one does go together very well. The easiest directions of any large quilt I have ever done. Bonnie is great! Yours is looking good! Mine is still waiting to be quilted. It's for my bed, so everything else comes before it. Don't you just hate that?

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

This looks great! Wish I had time to do Bonnie's mystery. I'm half way with one she made a while ago, so I better finish up that one first :-)
Wish you a great week,
Laila

Rose Marie said...

This is lovely!!

Karen said...

I remember that fabric with the designers names on it. I don't think I purchased any. I can see that it works well in your project.

paulette said...

Gorgeous!! Love it!
Paulette

Vivian said...

I appreciate your step-by-step photos and comments you're posting. Definitely gets me pulled deeper and deeper into trying this one myself. Yours will be lovely.