background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The story of my Hexies

I'm thinking it might be time to finish this UFO. I seem to be in the mood to finish some projects that have been buried for a long time. Are these too cute or what?? I know the hexie craze has been all over blogland for quite awhile, but I want to tell you the story about these hexies. In a few days I will be leaving for a place with palm trees and little mice with big black ears :). We will be meeting our grandchildren to spend 5 days with all the characters and wonders of childhood. I have been deciding on a car project (we all know we can't go anywhere without a car project LOL!!) and this project came to mind (Pensacola is about 8 hours from this magical place). Many of you know my PIC (partner in crime) but one thing you may not know about her is that she has MANY (I mean MANY) UFO's. About 5 or 6 years ago she gave me hundreds of these in a bag and said "I will never finish these - do you want them?". Well, being the collector (sounds better than hoarder, doesn't it :)) that I am of course I said yes. The sad part of the story is that they have languished in a box for all these years. But now with the hexie craze being in full swing, these sweet little things kept coming to mind. Being the folk art, Moda girl that I am, 30's fabrics are not my favorite, but who knows?? I seem to also be in a mood to keep jumping out of my comfort zone, so here I go again.
Don't expect miracles, there are alot of these little darlings, and once the car trip is over, I will probably be on to something else. However, now that I've actually committed myself by posting about this, they may grow on me. It's been many years since I've done an ongoing hand project like this. Maybe it's time.....
Until next time, make something beautiful.
-Karen

4 comments:

Carol said...

Perfect car project! Have tons of fun!

Kim Brackett said...

They look a lot cuter now that you're working on them. :-) Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

You can get rid of UFOs (and guilt) when you just pass them on to a friend. :-)

Karen said...

Be very, very careful, you may become addicted! :)

Michele said...

What a fun project! Enjoy your time with the mouse :-)