background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday recap

I love lilacs!! Growing up in Rochester, NY (which by the way, is the lilac capital of the world), we had a lilac bush in our backyard. The first time I saw this line, I went nuts!! It is so beautiful, I can't wait to see the yardage - which I think should be out soon. Anyway, back to my birthday recap. I had a wonderful non-birthday this year. As a leap year baby, this was an off year but it was wonderful beginning to end. Lilac Hill was a gift from my "partner in crime" -I'll let you guess who that is. She is such a dear friend. She was thinking maybe another Schnibbles, she might be right :) I can't wait to start planning....Speaking of Schnibbles, My Little Red is looking just fine in it's new place on my office wall.
The pattern looks different to me when seen from a distance. This really is such a sweet quilt.
And these were given to me by a co-worker, most of them from her garden!! She is our resident office florist :). Thank you Donna for the flowers. I also had 2 carrot cakes yesterday, my favorite!! In my opinion, the cake is there only to support the cream cheese frosting LOL!!
My desk just looks so pretty with flowers on it, makes the work go better, it seems.
Until next time,
-Karen

16 comments:

Carol said...

Your quilt looks wonderful in your office. What pretty, pretty flowers.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great looking quilt and your partner in crime (Kim?) has great taste! :-) Love the flowers too!~ Happy un-birthday! ;-)

Darlene said...

Happy (un)birthday. teehee! I'm glad you had a good day. Your PIC knows you well.

antique quilter said...

oh your quilt looks so nice there,
nothing better then flowers from the garden
so pretty!
lucky you!
now carrot cake and cream cheese frosting
yum!

Sherri said...

Your Little Red Schnibble looks so beautiful on the wall in your office. It looks like it was just meant to be there!

Carol said...

Beautiful flowers Karen. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. Yum, I love carrot cake too, especially the cream cheese frosting. Your quilt is so nice on your office wall. I also love Lilac Hill, yardage came out today. When I grew up in Colorado we had a Lilac bush as well, they smell so good.

Vivian said...

Happy (un)birthday to you, Karen. Nothing can beat celebrating with a hearty, tasty, definitely veggie-healthy (hah!), cream-cheese-frosted carrot cake. I love 'em too!
I'm sure you'll find just the right project for those lovely lilacs.

QuiltSue said...

Happy birthday. Your Little Red looks great. By the way, does carrot-cake count as one of your 5 veggies per day that we're always being told we musst eat?

Janet said...

Happy birthday, do you pick the day before or the day after? Flowers from the garden are the best and your new fabrics look lovely as does the quilt in the office.

Kim Brackett said...

OMG! Please don't tell me I missed Gail's carrot cake! Donna's flowers are beautiful as always.

I can't think of anything better than a Schnibbles to do with those charm packs. The trouble will be deciding which one.

Happy Birthday! Mmmmwah!

Darlene B said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Sure wish I could see flowers in my garden right about now....but living in Chicago, that's not an option. I'm just looking forward to 40+ degree weather. ;)

Becky said...

Happy (un)b'day, Karen. Can't wait to see what you make with the lilac fabric. It'll be beautiful!

MamaT said...

Your little red is beautiful! You're officially the only person I "know" born on Feb. 29. Happy Birthday!
The smell of lilacs can draw me back through the mists of time. I love them. I dug up a piece of Mom's after she passed away and planted it in my yard last year.

Michele said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday :-)

Em said...

so wonderful to see your homey comfy warm quilt on the wall!!! And the flowers, beautiful but I think the sweet family in the photo frame is even more picturesque!!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

My daughter went to college in Rochester and we loved going to the lilac celebration each year. There were so many varieties. Love your fabric!