background

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Off to Texas

Here's the latest t-shirt quilt, ready to send off. It's going to my niece's sister-in-law. I love doing these!! Each one is so unique - they each have a personality!
I guess that's because the people wearing them choose the shirts they feel reflect their personality.
I used a soft green thread on top and a varigated pastel yellow, pink and blue thread on the back.
I just love the aqua blue and green polka dot on the back. I also used it for the binding. For some reason my camera is not taking pictures that are true to color. The back is absolutely adorable!!
I hope she likes it!!
Until next time, make something beautiful,
Karen

5 comments:

Vivian said...

She will LOVE it -- and you're so perceptive -- yes, the personality of each individual shows up with her/his chosen T-shirts.
The sashing and the quilting are pretty as a picture!

Kim Brackett said...

I love this one. And I really like the sashing fabric. Your quilting looks so nice!

Millie said...

She will love her t-shirt quilt. I like the sashings too and the quilting is perfect. Cute scrappy backing too.

QuiltSue said...

Your quilting is so beautiful. Do you have a long arm or do it on a domestic machine?

Valentina said...

Oh Karen! It is gorgeous! do you put any stabilizer behind the t-shirt panels? and the QUILTING!!!
You are amazing! I need to come for some lessons, Master Quilter!
:)