background

Friday, October 9, 2015

Pink and Brown is Like Potato Chips

You might wonder how these two are similar, well you can't stop at one - especially if pink and brown are one of your all-time favorite combinations.  I have started cutting tumblers for Bonnie Hunter's Leader Ender project for this year.  
I found a jelly roll that I bought at one of our quilt shows probably almost 10 years ago.  I figured I'd be safe to start cutting it up LOL!!  So while there was green, brown and neutral strips, I have decided to add pink and brownish reds.
I've been raiding my Civil War stash and can I just say these fabrics make me happy.
I'm not sure what it will end up looking like or how big it will be.  For now, I will just have fun sewing a dark to a light and building a stack of little tumblers.
It's been a while since I've done a L/E project. After the angst of my art quilt and my modern quilt, this feels like home.
Happy stitching.
Karen 


8 comments:

Angie said...

What fun to see those well-marinated fabrics! It's always rewarding to put those long-stashed fabrics to use.

Marie said...

Those colours make me happy too!

Diane said...

I love the comment about it feeling like home. So very true about some projects and fabrics. I feel like that sometimes too.

CecileD said...

I can understand why you love your civil war stash !! They are soooo beautiful !
Enjoy .....

Karen said...

I understand about the potato chips and the pink and brown fabrics. I have been using a lot of pink and brown combos this year.

Ruth said...

That will be fun and the fabrics are lovely! I'm making a QOV using the L/E system. Plus working on it alone at times.

Natitxu said...

Me encanta tu blog!!!

FlourishingPalms said...

So interesting your last statement... angst with art and modern, and home with subdued and Civil War. I'm happy for you to be reassured that you're in the right place. Enjoy your project!