background

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Turn to Page 19

My newest copy of Quilter's Newsletter came in the mail a few days ago.  

A quick check of the cover told me that the pictures of the winning quilts were in this issue.
Turning to Page 19 I found my quilt "Dahlia Revisited".  It is still so incredible to me to see one of my quilts in any magazine, much less one that has been such a leader in our industry for 45 years.
I think the colors are pretty true to the original.
I haven't found a permanent home for this yet.  I may have to re-do some things in my studio.
I hope you can find a copy - it's a good article.  And I still feel humbled to have placed in the top five.  Hope you all are staying warm today - our sun is shining and things have warmed up a bit here.  I think it was 31 last night.
I'm working on the memory quilts today - trying to get ready for quilting.
Happy stitching,
Karen

20 comments:

Ruth said...

How exciting for you! I was so happy to be able to see it in person earlier this week! Thanks for letting me see your quilts and for a wonderful visit.

Pokey said...

What an honor, Karen, I'm so happy for you! It is a beautiful quilt, and truly deserves the place in the magazine. Big Smiles!
:-}pokey

pandchintz said...

Yay! Congratulations Karen. It's a beautiful quilt and well deserves its place in the magazine. What a thrill for you!

Terry said...

How exciting! Congratulations! :0)

Brenda said...

congratulations! I'll look for it.

Marcy R said...

This is exciting, Karen! Good on ya!

Alison said...

How thrilling. Are you still pinching yourself? Well done Karen.

Mary Marcotte said...

Well done, indeed! I'll definitely pick up a copy this week. Love the quilt! Congratulations!

QuiltSue said...

Congratulations again Karen. You must be so proud. This quilt deserves a special place where it can be displayed.

Barb said...

congratulations!!!

Nifty Quilts said...

How exciting! Well-deserved. It's a beautiful quilt. Congratulations! I will look for the magazine.

Angie said...

Congratulations, Karen! Dahlia Revisited is a marvelous quilt and I'm so happy you got such terrific recognition for it!

Karen said...

Congratulations on having your quilt in the magazine. It certainly deserves much attention.

You are going to have to move further south. We are having very nice weather.

audrey said...

Wow! So exciting for you! Your quilt definitely looks like it belongs in the magazine.:)

Janan Doster said...

Congratulations again! What a great feeling to be published!!!!

Lynn said...

That's really something Karen! Congratulations are well deserved on your achievement. Beautiful quilt.

paulette said...

Well I'm not one bit surprised!! YOU deserve the BIG win!! Your quilt is amazing and so is your blog!! Well done!!
P

FlourishingPalms said...

Yay you, Karen! Isn't it fun to see yourself in print? The purples in this quilt are smashing, so it's good that the print magazine was true to those colors. Now remind me... what did you win? You must be into some good FMQ these days. Hope you're enjoying yourself, and getting ready for a happy Thanksgiving spent with family. Blessings.

antique quilter said...

Congrats, thats so exciting, I will have to go find a copy of the magazine
the quilt is just soooo beautiful
Kathie

Carla said...

Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas a bit early.....a well deserved credit to your wonderful quilt!