background

Monday, June 17, 2013

Dinner at the Beach

I've been busy and can't believe June is more than halfway done already!  My DH and I finally celebrated our 40th with dinner on Pensacola Beach with friends.  Jimmy Buffet opened a new hotel 2 years ago and we haven't been so that's where I picked - Margaritaville :).
 
This really is where we have lived for the past 40 years.  It is a beautiful place.
As our anniversary fell over Memorial Day weekend, I knew I didn't want to be anywhere near the beach.  When we went Saturday, it was perfect.
The hotel is pretty and not too crowded.
After dinner we went down on the beach for cake.  As you can see from the waves (and the hair), it was pretty windy.  But it felt good.
We are blessed to have such sweet friends and of course my sister and her hubby.
As you can see, the sun had set and it got dark fast.  We asked a young couple walking the beach to take a group shot. Turns out, they were on their honeymoon and had only been married 2 days.  We told them the people in this picture combined have been married 162 years!!  We wished them good luck - they were from Oklahoma.
I'll have quilty things to show soon.
Have a great day,
Karen

7 comments:

audrey said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous place to live! Congrats on your wonderful celebration.:)

Janan Doster said...

Oh wow,40 years is fabulous! And you look great, we must talk sometime about what you do to care for yourself, because whatever you're doing it is definitely working! please email me for our plans for Friday evening, I am excited about us having some time to visit before the guild meeting.

Miriam said...

Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary! Wonderful!

Janet said...

Happy anniversary! You picked such a beautiful place.

Nann said...

Handsome couples and a beautiful setting! Congratulations!

FlourishingPalms said...

How fun to have shared this occasion with friends! We weren't able to do that on our 40th, so it was just another quiet day. Sure appreciate the recommendation of this hotel. It looks like a really nice place.

Vivian said...

That last photo and the fact that you couples totaled 162 years of marriage is wonderful--and I'm sure the newly wedded couple was impressed.
Congratulations on your anniversary, my blogging friend. BTW--You live in a much lovelier locale than I :)
Your home belongs in a lovely ad to lure tourists to come for a visit. My hometown belongs in a tractor ad.