background

Saturday, May 4, 2013

My New Light is Amazing!

This is the new light I bought at the Cindy Needham workshop I took last month.  It is fabulous!
This is the first project I quilted after I installed the light.
My friend made this darling Amy Butler quilt for her new granddaughter (due in a few weeks).  I quilted it for her.
I did an overall design and it turned out darling.
The new mom loves butterflies so I added one.  It's hard to see from the front, but shows up well on the minkie side.  This was my first time to work on minkie, and it behaved perfectly.
This is how my workspace normally looked before my light.  I've started working on the new neutral quilt.
Here's the same thing with my light.  It is absolutely amazing how much better I can see.  It was especially helpful this time as the thread blended into the neutral colors and was very difficult to see.  I am so happy.  Too bad I didn't see a big improvement in my quilting LOL!
I should be finished by tomorrow - yea!
-Karen

7 comments:

Barb said...

Wow that light is amazing I haven't seen that yet. Must look for it.
Your little quilt is adorable and I love the ruffle!

*karendianne. said...

Wow! That's amazing. The light and your machine quilting. You continue to amaze me.

Vivian said...

Your photos do a fantastic job of showing how your new light improves what you see when you quilt. It's a dramatic difference! I understand how important that better lighting is when quilting a neutral quilt. Been there, done that, and I was fighting to see my thread constantly.

I think your quilting looks great, Karen. How fun to add something personal to a quilt, like the butterfly.

FlourishingPalms said...

I put my new 6 LED Ecolux Light on my Pfaff this morning. I'm anxious to give it a go, and then will also be blogging with before and after pictures. But no improvement in quilting skills, huh? That's sure disappointing. I was looking forward to that as a purchase bonus. What a good friend you are to quilt someone else's quilts. I have a stack of three quilts that now need quilting. Are you feeling benevolent toward me too?

Janan Doster said...

I bet it was really hard to quilt that minkee! Faye and I were just talking about quilting, she has never machine quilted anything, but she was thinking she might try to quilt this baby quilt with minkee on the back. I told her she might want to think again!! Minkee might not need to be her first project!
We hear you may be coming to Dothan?

Karen said...

I did some searching about the lighting you have added to your machine. No bargain prices but looks well worth the price. I have one of those bendable ones and liked it until a mishap. Now I have trouble getting it to stick to the machine even with new double side foam tape pieces.

Carla said...

Thank you for sharing about this light for your machine, Karen. I saw that Linda really is liking hers as well. My lighting is fair at best, especially once the sun goes down. I just showed my hubby your before and after pics...impressive!