I'm pretty sure I've shared my Jubilee quilt when I got it to this stage - which was several months ago.
I spent about 6 weeks making flowers, leaves, berries and vines and many happy hours hand appliquing them down.
I was so happy with what had happened so far. And then I got to the border. Nothing..... and I mean nothing!! I knew what I wanted to do, but I just couldn't get it from my head to the fabric.
After almost 2 months of staring at the borders, I finally figured out what was wrong. I made these petals smaller and added more of them. And suddenly it looked right to me.
I still had a huge problem of what was going in between these motifs, but that's for another post. And it's a great story. But for now, I've been busy with 24 of these scallops and almost 200 little petals! It's a good thing the Olympics have been on - I'm over halfway done!
And here's the little punkin. She's doing so well. She learned to crawl up the scratching post and seemed so proud of herself. My friend and I are still looking for a good home.
Have a great Saturday.