background

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Carol's Birthday Quilt

Today is my friend Carol's birthday. This is her birthday Christmas quilt. I gave it to her last week.
It's made using the premise of the 'One of a Kind" quilts that I showed recently in my office art.
I think you can tell that she loved it :)!!

The back was this great "Dashing thru the snow" by Teresa Kogut that was out several years ago. It's 54" wide and the perfect size for a lap size quilt backing.
The blocks were made using pillow panels and stocking panels. I really love this technique. And these pillow blocks looked so vintage.
You just start with one block and it starts to gr0w. So each one ends up being one of a kind!!!
Until next time,
-Karen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely beautiful! I am not surprised she liked it! =)

Vivian said...

Your friend is a lucky lady. It's a wonderful quilt. I like the plan -- start with one block and go from there. I like the free form look of it. And it looks like a great way to add a little bit of almost anything that strikes your fancy.
The backing is perfect!

Darlene said...

Oh, it's adorable. She definitely liked it. :-)

MamaT said...

Cute quilt! I love the back, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...look at the smile on her face....she loves it! Well done!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job! So wonderful to see the beauty folks create from my fabric! So glad I found you. Thank you for sharing your quilting :)