It in the midst of all this (plus working) I have been somewhat productive in my sewing room. My big new concerns a quilt I made in early summer.
This is a pattern from Kim Brackett's latest book called Wildflowers. I found out about a quilt contest to benefit ALS. You make a quilt and sent it in by July 31st. So I decided to do that and use some fabrics I had been collecting for several years. Kim's pattern is well written (of course) but it's rather challenging as it has a lot of pieces, hand appliquéd centers and very fussy piecing. Below are some progress pictures I posted on Instagram over the summer.
What I found out yesterday is that out of over 1100 quilts submitted for the ALS quilt challenge, mine was selected as one of 12 finalists!! I am so humbled by this. There will be online voting on their website www.hopesanddreams.quiltersdreambatting.com.
For any of you that would like to vote for my quilt, I would be grateful. The quilt will be given to someone who has ALS.
Thanks for reading this far, and for sharing in my good news.
I'll post soon about my other projects.