Well after a slight detour, I am ready to start the orange peel row. I should have known better and checked my measurements but I didn't. So with 68 out of 80 petals already prepped and pinned I realized the template was too big and didn't fit on the squares. Grrrrrrr!! So I undid all the basting, re-pressed, trimmed and basted again.
But now that they are all redone I'm ready to go. I'm still trying to decide on the center (as you can tell) but I'm happy with the petals.
Here's a darker blue in the center. I just feel like it needs color and so far nothing is speaking to me.
Just for grins I did one in B&W. Some of these are pretty low contrast but I think that's what the pattern is going for. Now it's time for some appliqué 😍.