background

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Grand Illusion Clue 3

This step has been so easy and so much fun.  It was a little rough at first, I didn't quite read all the directions, so I had to spend a little time with the frogs - ripit, ripit.  But once I got in the groove, can I just say that working with these limey greens puts you in a great mood.  This is a happy color! And I felt so "modern" LOL.  I really cannot wait to see how this block fits in the quilt. I had my reservations at first about these colors, but I think this is going to be a great quilt.
Here are two possibilities for the double diamond units (it probably won't be either).  Adding the green has changed the whole balance of the quilt.  I bet the next step has a bunch of yellow, we've still got a lot to use.
I realized I didn't have any kitty fabric in the quilt, so I found 2 different prints that will work as neutrals.
I love mixing all these fabrics together!! And I can't wait for the reveal.  
I had to work today so hopefully will find a little time to stitch tonight.
'Tis the season to be merry :).
Karen

10 comments:

Andee said...

They look great! Way to perservere!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your blocks look terrific!

Julierose said...

Love that kitty insert--your blocks are looking great hugs, Julierose

Carla said...

I thinkLinda H. made this quilt...it's going to be awesome! Seeing the kitty fabric reminds me...did you ever get a new cat...I can't remember.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Great fabrics and combos! You may be onto something?

Ruth said...

Wow! You are really going to town! More power to you. I'm still thinking about it! I'm a slacker.,

Diane said...

I'm having so much fun following along with everyone's progress even though I am not doing this mystery. I never finished the mystery from 4 years ago, so I should probably work on that before jumping into another! LOL

CecileD said...

Your work in progress looks great ! These are not colors that I used to work with but, I'm sure it will be an "illusion amazing quilt" !! :)

FlourishingPalms said...

This isn't you... and yet it is! So love the lime colors that have me believing you've "gone to the bright side." :-) This looks like fun. Hope you can keep up and use a lot of stash! I need a project that does that.

Wendy said...

The kitty fabric is prefect, I love the green too!