The other day I had a few spare moments and it was time to play. I had seen this technique on Maureen's blog and was very intrigued. I decided to use my blue scraps and some "boy" I Spy fabrics and try it. (See the kitties?)
Why is it that the minute you touch your basket of scraps, it explodes! And I mean big time! After looking for blues to use, I couldn't even begin to get the top back on. I'm going to have to do something about that someday (maybe after the Quilt Show :)).
So after I found some blues and cut my 2 1/2" strips, what looked like a very simple technique was not so simple (or at least to me). It's a quilt as you go project and I do like that part.
I made the panels smaller (6" versus 8") as I knew it would be a child's quilt, but at this point it looks a little too long for the width. It's also going to shrink a little when all the rows are sewn together. So would you call this a chevron or a herringbone quilt? Just wondering...
Here is one panel not trimmed off yet - you can see the basic technique. I got this far and then kind of got sidetracked (imagine that LOL) and haven't done any since this point. I'll finish this up soon and we'll see how it turns out.
Here is the back side, the strips are sewn right to the strip of batting.
So when I got sidetracked, I decided to start a new quilt (of course!)- one that has been on my bucket list for a while. It starts with these simple one row log cabin blocks set on point. I'm using all stash and so far I'm loving the colors and the way they look together.
6 down, 62 to go (for this part). It's going to be a pretty big project, so you will definitely be seeing more of this.
We had take-in this morning for the quilts for the show. The judging will start Monday morning! Yikes, it's really going to happen.
Have a great weekend, I may get to play a little this afternoon :). Trying to stay un-stressed.