background

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Soft Breezes

My neutral quilt is finished except for the binding.  I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
These really are "quiet quilts".  So different from the bright, happy fabrics we see so often.
I quilted an all-over design, one of my favorites.  I call it meandering vine feather.  Kind of covers it all I guess :).
It's going to live at someone's else house soon - I hope she likes it.
The back is a soft yellow - you can't really tell from this.
This is the first quilt I made from this pattern, I asked our guild members for yellow or blue strips and created this for a program I did for the guild called "Miagia" which stands for "Make it and give it away". 
It's a summery looking quilt.
This is the 2nd quilt I made, I call this one Autumn Breeze.
It's all batiks, each block usess a different light batik for the background.  It's still a flimsy, I need to finish this soon.  Can you tell I really like this pattern??? LOL
This is original quilt "Summer Breeze" done in soft Robyn Pandolf's early fabric lines.
It's from Kim's first book - so many great patterns.
I'm off to work, have a great day.
Karen

13 comments:

pcflamingo said...

LOVE the Autumn Breeze variation especially. That's one of the (many) pages I have marked in that book ... I have SO many pages marked in all of Kim's books! I finally have Picnic cut out and neatly organized in little sandwich bags for sewing at a retreat in June. And it's for ME - no Make It and Give It Away for that one. It's in Monica Soloria-Snow's Happy Mochi Yum Yum line which I am just bonkers over for some reason.

julieQ said...

I really love your soft, lovely neutral quilt...it is just wonderful!!

Wendy said...

I really love the soft neutral colours in the first quilt. Someone is very lucky.

Karen said...

Neutrals are so "in" right now. This would be beautiful in a bedroom with greys, etc.

Vivian said...

It's easy to see why this is a favorite pattern for you to sew. Each of the quilts is special in its own way. Your newest version is a winner. I love the elegance of neutral quilts, and you're right--they're very quiet quilts. That's a great description.

QuiltSue said...

Karen that is just beautiful. I love the pattern, and made it a couple of years ago. It was meant for me, but my father hijacked it!

Now I can see me making a neutral version for myself.

Debra said...

Oh my goodness...she will love it!!!!!
:)

Unknown said...

I know you said this quilt is already going to someone, but can it come live at my house? Love it! Go figure...it's quiet. : )

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OH, and EK is Emily (your favorite niece). : )

limpingalong said...

Loved all of your quilts (and I'm not usually a quiet color quilter.

Janan Doster said...

Sorry I have been missing - computer issues! Hopefully up and running again now. I cannot wait for you to come to Dothan, do you have the date set for sure yet?
Our Guild meeting is this coming Friday night, and I am sure you will be mentioned. . . . your ears may be be buzzing!!!!!! What project will you do for us?

Janan Doster said...

I love these quilts you have made, this looks like a simple pattern, I love the Autumn breeze, my favorite.