I have finally decided to do a tumbler quilt and this became my car project on my recent trip to NC. I have been wanting to try this pattern for quite a while. After starting my new job, my boss and I discussed hanging some art on the walls in my new office. I told him that in the office at my former job, I hung quilts instead of art. He was very open to the idea. Imagine how excited I was to be able to hang "Office Art" again. One of the quilts I brought in will work perfectly for one wall, so I needed to make a new quilt for the other - oh darn LOL!!
I immediately thought of the tumber pattern. So using the oriental rug in my office as the starting point, I picked fabrics from my stash in that color palette. The main color in the rug is a very dark navy and I had plenty of scraps that matched. I have decided to mix batiks and prints. Thanks to Edyta and making "In Full Bloom", I have much more confidence mixing these. I just still don't have a very big stash of batiks.
I was able to cut them all out on the trip and I started sewing as soon as I got home.
Loving the way this was looking...
and on Monday I took 3 rows into work to see how it was going to look. Terrible!!!!! So I came home, went back to the drawing board, and started cutting out a new project. I have promised myself I will finish this (and not let it become a UFO) and I will post pics soon of "Plan B".
In the meantime, my DDIL sent a few pictures of their recent visit. Here is Miss Punkin when she has someone making her smile...
and here she is when we set the self timer :)! But I still love it.
Have a great day,