Since my diagnosis of shingles, I have tried to be calm and not stress - since that is apparently what brought this on. One of my all time favorite things to do that does not stress me at all is hand applique. Fortunately, I had just the project.
I was planning on having some friends help me applique these borders for the opportunity quilt "In Full Bloom". But since I have been housebound and couldn't go to work, I had extra time on my hands and needed something to do. :). Lucky for me I had almost 10 yards of vine and about 150 leaves to applique. The blue circles are the markers for the flowers. I had to completely rip out one of the vines, but I only had one side done so it wasn't too bad. There is something so soothing about vines and leaves.
Once those were done (or at least as far as I could go at this point) and since I was still in the "zone", I pulled out my Jubilee Quilt. This poor thing has been seriously languishing for months. I'm still struggling with exactly how to finish these borders, but I'm at least moving forward. Technically my jubilee year is over, but I didn't start this quilt until the end of March. It's going to be so pretty, but it's been so hard. I know it will be worth the effort. My blisters are starting to dry and my pain level is down. Thanks for all the well wishes.