I decided to use a piece of marbled (kind of a batik) orangey-red-gold for the centers. So it's the same fabric, it just looks different from block to block. (I thought it needed a third color besides the red and blue).
What is interesting to me about this stage, is that as the triangles are added to the red string block to make a big flying geese unit, it makes the blue pop out.
And instead of using black and white for those pieced triangle units, I used another orangey-gold fabric. I'm thinking I may leave it this size - much smaller than the original. Not sure what I'll do for a border. I'll need to find something to do with the leftover pieces. Now it's on to making the star blocks and putting this thing together!!
Until next time,