background

Saturday, December 3, 2011

100 Degrees!!

No, that's not the temperature, but that's how much my DH was able to bend his knee at PT!! He's really doing so well. Life is slowly getting back to normal. There are other things going on that I can't talk about yet, but it will mean huge changes for us. But last night, this was how we spent the evening, reading, enjoying the fire, taking a small breather. My Christmas fireplace quilt looks so cheery. And what you can't see is my DH is covered up with the Apple Core quilt!
The tree is up now, no decorations yet, and I need to get out the Christmas quilts - it's starting to look festive.
Until next time,
-Karen

8 comments:

Karen said...

The 100 degrees is good. Has it been easy or hard on your DH getting the knee working again.

QuiltSue said...

100 degrees sounds great. Well done your DH. The fireplace looks wonderfully warm and welcoming with that quilt above it.

Denise in PA said...

So glad your husband is on mend! What a lovely scene with the fireplace! Is that a framed quilt on the mantel? We just put the decorations on our tree last night. Now, we're done decorating! Whew! I hope upcoming changes are exciting ones!

*karendianne. said...

Wow! DH is doing superbly. …and you're holding out on us, Karen. Golly. I'll be paying extra attention I promise.

Lorri said...

OMG, I am so happy for him!! MY measurement this week was 122! I have just a few more degrees to go. Planning to return to work on Dec 15....dreading....I kinda like staying home and sewing all day long!

Diane said...

great news! relaxing in front of a fire sounds so nice. It took me 3 days to decorate my new, smaller tree! I just took my time and enjoyed.

Vivian said...

Great rehab progress, and please pass on my congrat's on the 100 degrees. Heading to bed now for early rising. My DH has his knee surgery early tomorrow morning, and then his work begins. He's encouraged by all the stories of positive results I've shared with him.

FlourishingPalms said...

Glad to hear PT is progressing well for your hubby! That's wonderful! I'll be interested to hear your news. We're back home from being in Florida and wishing we were in Florida again! Lucky you.