background

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa has a quilt

I decided to decorate the little table out in the garage that leads into the kitchen. Normally this is totally covered with junk. I wanted to put my little Santa out there, but it looked so bare. So I cut a bunch of 3 1/2" squares of my homespun red, green and tan and made him a little quilt.
It didn't make much of a dent as far as de-stashing goes, but it looks so cute!!! I quilted wavy lines on the seamlines and in the middle of the block.
Have a happy Saturday.
-Karen

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet to decorate the little nook kinda area!

Karen said...

A quilt for the garage. Now that is a new one. My garage is full of my husband's won't throw away stuff. Not a place I would want to put a little quilt. You have a good idea, though.

Carla said...

I showed my husband this post and told him this is what I'm hoping for....a place for a quilt and decor in the garage! We've got a long way to go, baby!!!
Happy Saturday to you.

Darlene said...

How cute is that? I love it!

Kim Brackett said...

Oh, my gosh! Your garage looks neater than my house. What a cute idea! I love his little quilt.

Anonymous said...

Awe, he looks so happy with his quilt! =)

Catsngrams said...

What a great idea. I love the quilt.

Vivian said...

Your little corner of the garage is unique and rare--what a creative lady you are to create such a cute spot.

Lori said...

How fun to see that when you come and go. Santa is pretty cute too!