background

Friday, October 15, 2010

By George, I think she's got it!!!

I love all things musical. In the 8th grade (either 1964 or '65), I was in my school musical production of "My Fair Lady". I've seen the movie many times and I can just hear Rex Harrison telling Audrey Hepburn, "By George, I think she's got it"!!! Anyway, I do have it - finally. And I want to say thank you for all the comments and encouragement on the previous post. I almost didn't do that post and have to admit my total inability to get this block right. But I think we all benefit from realizing we all make mistakes - and blogging about it puts it in perspective. After my frustration, I actually found it pretty funny. I think sometimes I do so much just making up my own stuff, I have trouble following directions LOL!!

I'm actually liking the way they're turning out. Still struggling with value - finding enough lights that look right. And here are the blocks in waiting. They had to go up on the design wall, waiting for their turn. Notice My Little Red is still waiting for inspiration...... I'm quilting my granddaughter's owl and bird quilt. It's so cute! Pictures soon. (Don't these two projects look funny next to each other??)
Thanks again for reading my blog and for taking the time to encourage me. It helped. Blogging friends really are wonderful.


Until next time, make something beautiful.
-Karen

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I haven't been able to sew since Tuesday and I'm running again...so I feel like I"m enjoying sewing through everyone else's blogs! =)

Wendy P said...

Maybe you can come help me with the Hokey Pokey quilt pattern. I swear I am retarded trying to do this one, and I am supposed to make it king size!

Love the scrappy pineapple blocks.

Jan said...

Your blocks are turning out beautifully, and I really like the way you have them in stages of construction on your design wall. Nice crib sized Radio Flyer, too. Two of my friends made this pattern and they are quite different, but both look so good.

Becky said...

You always pick fabrics that look so good together. You have quite an eye!

Kim Brackett said...

They look great! This will be one gorgeous quilt!

9patchnurse said...

Ooooooo, pretty! Good job.

QuiltSue said...

I think you've very definitely got it! The blocks look great, but I have to agree that they and Little Red don't quite look right as neighbours.

Highland Monkey's said...

Lovely colours in your scrappy quilt. I'm still trying to build up a stash of fabric.

Vivian said...

Your pineapple blocks are going to create a spectacular quilt. How big will it be? 20 blocks? 30 blocks?