background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Latest Project

Recently, my granddaughter tried to cuddle up under her I Spy quilt that I'd made for her when she was two. She'll soon be six! She told my DD that she needed a bigger quilt - such a nice problem for a grandmother to have LOL!! So since her birthday theme this year is owls and birds, here is the rough outline of her new quilt.
Here's the next stage with a few leaves added. I'm not really sure what I'm doing... but I've fused the tree trunk down, and at this point I think I'm going to hand applique everything else. My machine applique skills are not very good. It's the next thing I want to learn, just think now is not the time.
I'll keep you posted as it progresses. It's really going to be cute - I hope!!!
Until next time,
-Karen

12 comments:

Carla said...

The pink and brown would go great in my grand daughter, Haven's room. She has owls too!This will be a fun quilt and your grandy is going to love it!

Darlene said...

That's looking adorable. She's going to love it, Karen.

QuiltSue said...

It's going to look wonderful. She'll love it.

Janet said...

She's going to love it, great start so far, I can just see how adorable it's going to turn out.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Aw, she is going to adore this!!! You will love seeing her cuddle in it!

Karen said...

I see owls! Owls and quilts are really popular right now. Looks like you are creating a very interesting one.

Amy said...

It's adorable!!! I love the colors and the birds! I know she'll look at it and cuddle in it and always think of you!

em's scrapbag said...

Definately loaded with cute. She is going to love it!

Audra said...

Oh my goodness Aunt Karen...I am so jealous of little miss Cameroni! :) This is adorable!! You are so incredible.

*karendianne. said...

Oh Karen this is a real treat. I adore your working in progress here. Thanks so much for sharing. I love your talent and oh yeah... I love owls. They represent all things good!

Karen said...

That is so cute!!!! She will love it.

Lori said...

I'm sure she'll love it! It is adorable.