background

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bowtie Fun

Hope you are all having a great weekend so far. I'd like to invite you to stop in over at Stash ManicureRae Ann invited me back as a guest author. I'm sharing one of my favorite blocks and one the BEST ways to manicure your stash. This is a small quilt I made this week to demonstrate the block. Things have been very busy down here in Pensacola, and we are so thankful the hurricanes are staying out of the Gulf. Hope you enjoy your visit to Stash Manicure and you'll be inspired to try something new. But watch out, this block is truly addicting and so much fun.
Until next time, make something beautiful.
-Karen

10 comments:

Darlene said...

Cute quilt, Karen. I'm off to read more about it. :-)

Kim Brackett said...

Look at that quilting! The quilt is gorgeous! I went over to Stash Manicure and tried to leave a comment but kept getting an error message. Hopefully Blogger will be nicer to me later. I can't wait to see this one in person!

*karendianne. said...

Wow how cool is that? This one will make a girl want to start a bowtie for sure. That quilting is perfect. The center of the tie - is that done a little differently or rather, how is that done?

Janet said...

I love scrap quilts like this one where you can put any fabrics in there. Great post and technique. I must have a go.

Carla said...

I love the bow tie block and have made several quilts with it.....yours si so fun and cheerful!

Vivian said...

I'm so glad you wrote about being a repeat contributor to the Stash Manicure blog, Karen. My computer didn't give me a picture for that post--just some icon--and I skipped past it. (blogger gremlins?)
I'm glad I went back and read it. Cute blocks, unique way to make them, and the finished quilts are adorable! Another project added to my bucket list.

Millie said...

Wow look at your gorgeous Bow Tie quilt, Karen.
Isn't this the second time? I think the first time you shared all your beautiful scrap quilts...patterns from Kim's book.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Nice and scrappy - beautiful! And your quilting is gorgeous.

Karen said...

Now that is fun!!!

gale said...

What happened to the post about it at stash manicure? I know they changed their site name/address but there's no bow tie quilt on the site that I can find. I had it bookmarked but my bookmark doesn't work anymore.